Union extends Gold Coast feedback deadline
Following City of Gold Coast’s agreement to extend its deadline for feedback on the current wage proposal, The Services Union has similarly extended our survey deadline for you to tell us what you think.
Our short survey will now remain open until 1:00pm tomorrow (Thursday 6 October).
The Council's offer is as follows, to be delivered via a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) of 12 months' duration, signed by the Council and the Unions of the Single Bargaining Unit (SBU):
- 12-month extension of current Certified Agreement (CA) with negotiations for new CA to commence in September 2023.
- 4% increase to base rates of pay, with the increased rates forming the starting point for negotiations in 2023.
- One-off $500 sign-on payment for all full-time employees (pro-rata for part-time and casual employees and staff with less than 12 months' service).
- Commitment that the City will not implement fortnightly pays during the life of the MOU.
- Commitment by all parties that no protected industrial action will occur before September 2023.
- Commitment by all parties to work towards reviewing and re-drafting all Local Area Agreements (LAAs) during the life of the MOU.
We have re-sent the survey link to all members and it is now good until 1:00pm tomorrow (Thursday 6 October). If you have not received your survey link, please advise us as soon as possible so you can have your say.
Members – and only members – will decide where to from here. If you work with someone who is not yet a member and wants a say, remind them that joining is easy online.