Union delivers at Gympie Regional Council
It’s been a long time coming, but earlier today our Union managed to secure a solid outcome and a pay proposal that is worthy of your consideration.
Highlights from Certified Agreement (CA) proposal:
- Pay Increases:
- 3% or $40 per week back paid to 19 December 2021
- 2.5% or $35 per week back paid to May 2022 (first pay period after 1 May)
- 4% or $50 per week from May 2023
- 3.5% or $45 or CPI capped at 4% from May 2024
Congratulations to Delegates and members of our Union who have stood their ground and managed to get a great outcome!
- CPI defined as the Brisbane rate for the March Quarter 2024 to prevent any delay in your increase
- No change to redeployment clause – if staff get redeployed they will maintain their salary pre-deployment
- Agreed wording to maintain and grandfather 25% sick leave payout for all staff (after 5 years of continuous service) who commenced work at the Council before 25 March 2019
- Agreed wording for Equal Employment Opportunity clause per new legislation
- New CA will expire May 2025
- All other CA conditions maintained
You weathered the storm and you should be very proud of building a strong Union presence at your Council.
Where to now?
Only Union members can decide where to from now and whether this proposal should go to a ballot of all employees. We will be running member meetings next week to get your views. Watch this space for member meeting timings and location.
All members can take credit for achieving this outcome. If you work with someone who is not yet a member, remind them that joining is easy online