UNION UPDATE FOR CENTACARE
The Services Union knows how important it is that workers’ voices are heard. Fortunately for Union members at Centacare, our Union meets regularly with the organisation to elevate your voice, provide valuable frontline worker feedback, and seek commitments for positive change and action from Centacare. These regular meetings are known as the Central Consultative Forum (CCF) and Union members are represented in this forum by local Workplace Delegates and Union Officials.
Our recent March 2023 CCF agenda sought to address a few points:
- Upcoming changes with your Centacare Collective Union Agreement (also referred to as your EBA)
- Disability support workers’ wages and concerns about fair, equitable pay
- Work health and safety issues:
- Sleepover doors and locks: privacy and safety for workers
- Rest pause and meal breaks: workers’ safety and fatigue as well as fair compensation
- Client risk assessment concerns: ensuring workers have enough time to read, understand, and ask questions about client risk assessments
- Moreton Bay member concerns
Union members have been provided with a detailed account of our discussion with Centacare. Please read the full summary to understand the commitments your employer has made to workers and what you should expect in the coming months. You will also find a detailed list of Union contacts at the bottom of the report back.
Read the report here.