St Vincent de Paul Society EBA Update
Our Union has been by the side of members advocating for improved wages and conditions in a new St Vincent de Paul (SVDP) Agreement.
With negotiations concluding, you should have received your Employee Agreement Information Pack which includes a copy of the proposed SVDP Employee Agreement 2023.
SVDP’s Human Resources (HR) Team will hold 20 information sessions next week; in person sessions at each Diocese office and 5 online open sessions for all employees. We strongly encourage you to attend a session as this is your opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback directly to your employer.
The following improvements form part of the proposed Agreement:
- Pay increases – 5% wage increase coming into effect 7 days after the Agreement is approved by the Fair Work Commission,, 4% 15 January 2024, 3% 13 January 2025
- Inclusion of a request for reclassification provision which will ensure members have:
- A clear process to apply for reclassification of their role
- The right to have their union represent them in this process
- An outcome with written justification within 21 days
- The right to utilise the dispute settlement procedure should an employee not agree with the outcome, including the right to escalate to the Fair Work Commission
- Inclusion of a request for flexible work arrangements which will ensure members have:
- A clear process to apply for flexible work arrangements such as part-time work, working from home, rostered day off etc.
- An outcome of their request with written justification within 21 days
- The right to utilise the dispute settlement procedure should an employee not agree with the outcome, including the right to escalate to the Fair work Commission
- A Joint Consultative Committee (management, employee representatives and the relevant unions) to work through issues that may arise in relation to the interpretation of the Agreement
- Delegates rights – including 2 days per year for each Delegate to attend union training – essential for growing our union’s presence at SVDP
The improvements above are significant gains for members. Many of our claims were not accepted by SVDP which may be of importance to you. We strongly encourage you to ask your employer about these and provide your feedback during the information sessions.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
- Review the proposed Employee Agreement 2023
- Prepare your questions and feedback, write them down. Reach out If you need assistance or advice in crafting your questions.
- Complete this form to let the union office know which session you plan on attending. https://bit.ly/SVDPEAsessions
- Attend an Information Session with SVDP HR; ask your questions and provide your feedback. Your voice is important and your employer needs to hear directly from you!
- Be in a position to be informed when voting for the proposed Agreement opens on Friday 2nd of December 2022.
If you have questions that are specific to your situation please reach out to your Organiser Imogen Smith, email [email protected]
or phone 0419 679 479.
Not yet a member and want to add your voice to the growing union collective at SVDP, then take the opportunity to Join today!