Reminder – Have your say on Isaac Pay Offer!
Members of The Services Union at Isaac Regional Council are reminded that it’s time to have your say on the Council’s improved pay offer if you have not already done so.
The offer is valid until close of business on Monday 21 August and is as follows:
- Year 1: 4.5% back-paid to 1 July 2023
- Year 2: 4.1% or CPI (capped at 4.5%)
- Year 3: 4% or CPI (capped at 4.5%)
The offer is contingent upon:
- our Union advising the Council by close of business on Monday that we support the offer; and
- the draft agreement being put to an all-staff ballot within 28 days; and
- the ballot returning a ‘yes’ vote.
It’s vital that you have your say on this offer. While it is an improvement on the previous proposal, please remember that the current underlying rate of inflation still sits at 5.9%. As of Friday 18 August, your fellow members at Charters Towers Regional Council are currently considering a pay offer of 14% (6/4/4) over three years.
We’ve sent all members a link to a survey to be completed by 12 noon on Monday 21 August. If you have not received your link, please advise us as soon as possible.
Only members will decide our next steps towards finalising your new Certified Agreement. If you work with someone who is not a member and wants a say, joining is easy at www.theservicesunion.com.au/join.