Members to decide on Charters Towers Regional Council's pay offer
Members at Charters Towers Regional Council: The Services Union wants to hear from you! It’s time to have your say on the Council’s Certified Agreement (CA) offer.
The Council’s offer includes:
- On-Call allowance to increase to $40 per day (up from $35.47) in the first year and then indexed with annual pay increase percentage;
- Increase to Live Sewer Allowance;
- Other allowances indexed at rate of annual pay increase
- 15 Days Personal Leave for all employees (already applies to Stream A staff);
- Nine Day Fortnight option for all staff; and,
- Pay increases of 4.5% (Year 1), 3.5% (Year 2), and 3% (Year 3).
We have sent all members a link to a confidential online survey. To ensure you have your say, please complete the survey by 12 noon on Tuesday 8 August
. If you have not received your link, please advise us as soon as possible
When completing the survey, remember that the pay increases in your current CA have already seen your wages slip significantly behind the cost of living. Given that the underlying rate of inflation is currently 5.9%, the Council’s offer would see the value of your pay eroded even further.
The survey results will determine our Union’s position when we resume negotiations on Thursday 10 August. Only members will decide that position. Please do not forward your survey link. If you work with someone who is not a member and wants a say, remind them that joining is easy online.