Members deliver timely increase at City of Gold Coast
The Services Union has given in principle endorsement to City of Gold Coast for the proposed 12-month extension of the current Certified Agreement (CA) following members’ vote to support the proposal. The other SBU Unions have recorded similar member outcomes. The extension will be delivered by a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
The following will now occur:
- Union Secretaries and the CEO will sign the MOU, following finalisation on Tuesday 11 October 2022 of ETU pay-scale issues left unresolved during the last negotiations.
- Pay rates increase by 4% from Monday 17 October 2022. Increased rates to form the basis of Certified Agreement negotiations in 2023.
- You will also receive a pre-tax one-off payment of $500 (pro-rata for part-time and casual employees).
- Parties agree not to take industrial action until at least 4 September 2023
- Council agrees to not seek to implement fortnightly pays for the life of the MOU.
- All other CA conditions remain as-is.
Members’ decisive vote has ensured a pay improvement exactly one year after your last increase. The MOU enables the SBU and the Council to assess the economic indicators when negotiations recommence in the second half of 2023. If you work with someone who you know will appreciate the extra pay before the end of the year and is not yet a member, remind them that joining is easy online.