City of Gold Coast members have say on pay!
At last week’s Certified Agreement (CA) negotiations with City of Gold Coast, the Council tabled an unexpected offer we believe is worthy of your consideration.
The Council's offer is as follows, to be delivered via a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) of 12 months' duration, signed by the Council and the Unions of the Single Bargaining Unit (SBU):
• 12-month extension of current Certified Agreement (CA) with negotiations for new CA to commence in September 2023.
• 4% increase to base rates of pay, with the increased rates forming the starting point for negotiations in 2023.
• One-off $500 sign-on payment for all full-time employees (pro-rata for part-time and casual employees and staff with less than 12 months' service).
• Commitment that the City will not implement fortnightly pays during the life of the MOU.
• Commitment by all parties that no protected industrial action will occur before September 2023.
• Commitment by all parties to work towards reviewing and re-drafting all Local Area Agreements (LAAs) during the life of the MOU.
We have sent members a link to an electronic survey which closes at 5pm today to help formulate our next steps in relation to your pay and conditions. If you have not received your survey link, please advise us as soon as possible so you can have your say.
Members – and only members – will decide where to from here. If you work with someone who is not yet a member and wants a say, remind them that joining is easy online.