Charters Towers members achieve improved pay offer!
Members of The Services Union at Charters Towers Regional Council: you stood your ground for a better pay offer –and got results!
You told us emphatically that while the Council’s overall Certified Agreement (CA) proposal was heading in the right direction, an improved pay offer was required to seal the deal.
We conveyed this message to the Council, and we now have the following improved offer on the table:
- No reduction of current conditions;
- The option of either a nine-day fortnight or ten-day fortnight for all staff (removal of the 19-day month);
- 15 days personal leave for all employees (already applies to indoor staff);
- On-call allowance to increase to $45 per day for the first year and then increases to be indexed to year 2&3 pay increases; and,
- Live Sewer Allowance to increase for those conducting live sewer works.
- All other allowances indexed with pay increases.
The offer also includes the following pay increases:
- Year 1: 6% backpaid to 1 July 2023
- Year 2: 4% from 1 July 2024
- Year 3: 4% from 1 July 2025
Now it’s time for you to have your say on this improved offer. We’ve sent all members a link to a survey which you need to complete by 12 noon on Friday 25 August. If you haven’t received your link, please advise us as soon as possible.
If you work with someone who wants a say on our next steps and is not yet a member, remind them that joining is easy online.