Up and Away at Longreach Regional Council!
All members of The Services Union at Longreach Regional Council are to be congratulated for collectively delivering a great new Certified Agreement (CA).
The Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (QIRC) certified your agreement earlier this week, and your new conditions are now in full flight, including the following:
- Wages at $160 per week above the relevant award rate from 12 July 2018
- Wages at $165 per week above the relevant award rate from 1 July 2019
- Wages at $170 per week above the relevant award rate from 1 July 2020
- Wages at $175 per week above the relevant award rate from 1 July 2021
- Improved bereavement leave, funeral allowance, consultation and union-related matters
- Domestic and Family Violence Leave
- Natural Disaster Leave
- Redundancy provisions over and above the Queensland Employment Standards
- Retention and clarification of job security, locality allowance, five weeks’ annual leave, administration responsibility allowance and Isisford/Yaraka payments
Well done to all members, and a warm welcome to those new members who joined over the course of negotiations and added to our bargaining strength. If you’re not yet a member, remember that keeping your conditions airborne depends on a strong, active membership base. Joining is easy at www.theservicesunion.com.au.