Union Locks in New Conditions at Cairns Regional Council
The Services Union is now in receipt of the decision of the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (QIRC) to ratify the Cairns Regional Council Certified Agreement 2019. The new CA, which our Union registered at the QIRC on 3 October, locks in your conditions until 3 October 2021.
All members of our Union can be proud of delivering the new CA, which provides for enhanced conditions including:
- Commitment to employment security
- Dispute resolution
- Improved consultation provisions
- Rights for union delegates
- Natural disaster leave
- Domestic and family violence leave; and
- Wage increases of:
- 2.5% on the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2018
- 2% or CPI (whichever is the greatest) on the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2019
- 2% or CPI (whichever is the greatest) on the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2020
Once again, union membership and Workplace Delegate leadership have delivered a great bargaining outcome. Not a member? Now’s the time to get on board and contribute. Joining is easy at www.theservicesunion.com.au.