Sunwater – In principal agreement reached!
It is with great excitement that the Enterprise Bargaining Group, consisting of Services Union delegate Ricky Woodward and Services Union Industrial Officer Drew Cutler, have reached in principal agreement with Sunwater management.
Key points negotiated include:
- Back pay to July 2018 (likely to be 6% increase to your wage at the time of approval)
- Establishment of a Joint Consultative Committee
- Union encouragement process and access provisions
- A further 3% wage increase in July 2020 and July 2021
- Major changes to TOIL and Overtime.
- Employees that work overtime that is unplanned (overtime scheduled with less than 14 days written notice) will receive a choice of either TOIL or Overtime at the applicable penalty rate
- Employees that work overtime that is planned (scheduled with more than 14 days written notice) will receive the first hour worked as TOIL and every hour after that as a choice of either TOIL or Overtime at the applicable penalty rate.
We now await Ministerial approval prior to proceeding to an employee vote which will be your opportunity to vote on the proposed EBA. It is expected that an employee vote will take place within the next 3 months.
Upon a successful employee vote, the proposed EBA would be lodged with the Fair Work Commission for approval.
The Services Union delegates worked extremely hard to achieve this outcome for members and should be commended on their efforts.
If you have any questions about the Enterprise Agreement approval process or what this means for you please contact:
Services Union Delegate Ricky Woodward on 0439 716 118 or by email at email@example.com
Industrial Officer, Drew Cutler on 07 3010 4460 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Union we rely on strong membership to achieve fantastic outcomes like this for our members. Encourage your colleagues to join today!