Scenic Rim Regional Council – Certified Agreement Update
The Services Union knows how hard you and your fellow members at Scenic Rim Regional Council work to deliver vital local services. That’s why we’ll always work hard to ensure that Certified Agreement (CA) negotiations deliver pay increases that recognise your efforts and keep you from slipping behind.
As discussed at the recent member meetings here is the current wages offer:
Increase in wages and allowances
• July 2020 – 1.5% (back paid)
• July 2021 – 2% (back paid)
• July 2022 – 2%
• July 2023 – 2%
Other CA highlights:
• Superannuation payments for primary caregivers on parental leave
• Increase in the amount of flex days you can accrue in the lead up to Christmas
• Unions have the option to request a discretionary payment by the CEO of the difference between CPI and the wage increase for July 2023
The Services Union also proposed that the employer super contribution be raised by 0.5%. We also highlighted to management that members want to see an improvement in the on-call allowance for Stream-A staff. Once we hear back from the Council we will let you know straight away so watch this space!
Members of our Union know we are by your side to help you navigate the various options when it comes to bargaining. If you know someone who’s not a member, let them know they can get on board with us at: https://www.theservicesunion.com.au/member-information/join/join-now/