Richmond Shire Council – New Agreement Now Certified
The Services Union is pleased to report to members at Richmond Shire Council that their new Certified Agreement (CA) has been approved by the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (QIRC). The CA, including any changes in allowances and conditions, is now in effect.
Our bargaining team’s priority during the agreement negotiations was to secure your terms and conditions of employment and ensure that none of our members were disadvantaged. With the input of our members, we were able to achieve a CA that benefits all members, and delivers the following:
- No loss of existing conditions;
- Inclusion of Consultation Provisions requiring Council to consult with employees and the Union before making a decision likely to be of significance;
- Inclusion of a Dispute Resolution Process with time frames for each stage of the process; and
- The ability to make Superannuation contributions to a complying fund of the employee’s choice.
- 2.0% from 1 September 2018
- 2.0% from 1 September 2019
- 2.25% from 1 September 2020
- 2.25% from 1 September 2021
- Plus, retention of the 6.0% performance bonus.
If you have any questions about the new Agreement, please contact your Local Organiser Maddy McGinnity.
Now that the Agreement has been formalised, the best way to ensure all conditions are implemented correctly is by making sure you and your colleagues are all part of the team that got us this far. Encourage a colleague to join today: it’s easy by clicking here.