Members Finalise Bargaining at South Burnett
Congratulations to all members of The Services Union at South Burnett Regional Council on unanimously supporting the new Certified Agreement (CA) going to a full staff ballot. Our Union has informed Council of our in-principle agreement.
Council advises that a formal vote will occur on Thursday 16 April and Friday 17 April. Expect advice shortly from Council on how to vote and on contingencies for staff affected by, or isolated due to, the COVID-19 virus.
Negotiations took a little longer than anticipated but we got there in the end with a sign-on bonus and salary increases equal to or better than those achieved at comparable Councils.
Highlights of your new CA include:
- Maintenance of key employment conditions;
- Improved Consultation provisions;
- Inclusion of Domestic and Family Violence Leave;
- Inclusion of Transition to Retirement provisions.
Wage Increase of 7.5% for the life of the Agreement:
- 2.5% wage increase backdated to the 1st pay period in January 2020, paid on the first pay period following certification of the Agreement;
- 2.5% wage increase from first pay period following the first anniversary of the certification of the Agreement; and
- 2.5% wage increase from first pay period following the second anniversary of the certification of the Agreement.
- Plus, a “one off payment” of $850 (taxed accordingly and not subject to superannuation) for employees employed by Council at the date of a “yes” vote. This payment will be made on the first pay period after certification of the Agreement.
A YES vote in the full staff ballot will ensure you lock in your new conditions and pay increases in a timely manner. Thanks to all members for your patience and full credit to Union Workplace Bargaining Representative Ron Nisbett invaluable leadership at the negotiation table.
When we strive together, we can achieve great things, just as we have done at over 45 other Councils!
Not yet a part of our Union? Support the vital and ongoing work of your Workplace Representatives by joining now. It’s easy at www.theservicesunion.com.au