Fraser Coast Regional Council – Union Delivers Wage Increase
Congratulations to members of The Services Union at Fraser Coast Regional Council (FCRC)! Members have overwhelmingly voted in favour of your new Certified Agreement (CA) and our Union has now approved this to go to a full staff ballot!
Your new Certified Agreement will ensure that all employees will receive the following wage increases:
- Year 1 – 2.5% back-paid to 19 April 2021
- Year 2 – 2.5%
- Year 3 – 2.5% or CPI (capped at 3%)
These wage increases give you peace of mind for the next three years and ensures that you are able to continue spending your hard-earned dollars in your local community.
Some highlights include:
- Uncertified sick leave increased from five to 10 days per financial year;
- Increase in shift loading from 15% to 25% for Special Projects and Tasks;
- A commitment from FCRC for our Union to be involved in the establishment of training programs through the Joint Consultative Committee such as Anti-Bullying, Cultural Awareness, Occupational Violence and Mental Health Awareness;
- Paid Domestic violence leave increased from up to 10 days to up to 20 days; and
- Maintaining all existing conditions.
Work in Aquatic Centres, Galleries, Museums or Theatres? If you are employed on a casual basis, you will now be able to request conversion to permanent employment after six months. This is a significant win for our members and means that ALL casual employees at FCRC can now request permanent employment. Wherever you work at FCRC, if you are engaged in causal employment or work with someone who is, call Services Connect on 3844 5300 for advice on how you can apply to become permanent.
These improvements would not have been possible if it weren’t for Union members at FCRC, so keep encouraging your colleagues to join our Union.
If you’re not already a member, now is the time to join and contribute to maintaining and improving your workplace conditions and ensuring you receive the right entitlements.