Cook Shire Council – New Agreement now Certified
The Cook Shire Council new Workplace Agreement has now been certified by the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission.
This means all new conditions contained in that Agreement will now apply, including the following:
- Significantly improved Consultation provisions;
- Improved Dispute Resolution provisions (with time frames for each stage of the process);
- Improved Employment Security;
- Inclusion of a Family and Domestic Violence Leave Provision;
- Inclusion of a Bullying and Harassment Management Provision; and
- Improved Personal Leave and Bereavement Leave Provisions.
Perhaps most importantly though, you will now receive your wage increases of:
- 2.0% (back-dated to 1 July 2017)
- 2.0% (back dated to 1 July 2018)
- 2.25% (from 1 July 2019); and
- 2.25% (from 1 July 2020).
Congratulations are due to your delegates, who participated in all stages of the bargaining campaign. Well done as well to all members who participated in the Union ballot to endorse the draft agreement, and in the staff-wide approval vote.
If you have any questions or require any clarification on the agreement content and how it impacts you, please do not hesitate to contact Workplace Delegate Tim Ryle or our Union’s Service Connect Team ((07) 3844 5300).
Please remember that strong, active union membership was vital in delivering this great outcome. Encourage a colleague to join our Union today to help ensure proper implementation of your new Agreement. Joining online is easy at www.theservicesunion.com.au