Bundaberg Regional Council – Better Bargain Brewing
The Services Union met with Bundaberg Regional Council on Tuesday and Wednesday this week to continue negotiations for your new Certified Agreement (CA).
Over the course of those meetings, the Council tabled an improved offer, which we believe is worthy of careful consideration. A brief summary is below:
- Pay Increase:
- 2.2% or $30 per week in the first year (whichever is higher)
- 2.2% or $30 per week or CPI in the second year (whichever is higher)
- 2.2% or $30 per week or CPI in the third year (whichever is higher)
- Maintenance of all current conditions
- Improved domestic and family violence provisions including an additional two weeks’ special leave at CEO’s discretion on a case-by-case basis
- Provisions supporting better mental health in the workplace
- Training of management and staff on application of CA to ensure consistent understanding and interpretation
We were unable to compel the Council to shift its position on a default nine-day fortnight. However, we’ve improved the wording around flexible working arrangements, meaning all requests for nine-day fortnights must be given genuine consideration and that you have the right to dispute a decision you are unhappy with.
Member feedback to date has indicated fairly clear support for acceptance of the proposal outlined above. We now need to hear from you once more before we advise the Council as to our in-principal position. We have emailed members with instructions on how to provide your feedback. If you have not received this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve come a long way since negotiations commenced. You and every other member of our Union at your workplace can take credit for getting us here. If you know someone who’s not a member, why not ask them to join? It’s easy at www.theservicesunion.com.au.