All Done, Well Done at Tablelands Regional Council!
Members of The Services Union at Tablelands Regional Council have reason to celebrate. We’ve certified your new agreement at the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (QIRC), and the following improvements now apply:
- 2.4 per cent pay increase from date of certification (i.e. now), with further increases of 2.4 per cent annually from July 2019;
- Updated allowances;
- Locality allowance and five weeks’ annual leave locked into agreement;
- Pro-rata long service leave after seven years;
- Domestic and Family Violence leave of ten days per year;
- Paid parental leave;
- Natural Disaster leave of three days per year;
- Union delegates’ workplace rights and training leave;
- Improved consultation provisions;
- Reclassification procedure;
- Employment security.
Best of all, we’ve achieved our now well-established industry benchmark of realising these outcomes without having to trade away RDOs or other core conditions.
None of this would have happened without a strong, informed membership base. A hearty welcome to those new members who joined during the negotiation process, and to those staff who are not yet members, we invite you to join us now to ensure these conditions are maintained into the future. Joining is easy at www.theservicesunion.com.au.