All Done, Well Done at Balonne Shire Council!
Members of The Services Union at Balonne Shire Council have reason to celebrate. We certified your new agreement at the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (QIRC) yesterday and it’s a great result.
Highlights of what the new agreement delivers include:
- Improved consultation provisions
- Locality allowance
- Wage increases:
- A 2% increase effective from the first full pay period after 1 July 2018;
- A 2.25% increase effective from the first full pay period after 1 July 2019; and
- A 2.25% increase effective from the first full pay period after 1 July 2020.
- Improved camp allowance
- Employment security
- Positive employment relations and trade union training leave
- Service increment payment retained
Workplace Delegate Di Francisco and all members are to be congratulated for making it happen. If you work with someone who’s not yet a member, remind them that the best way to maintain and improve working conditions is by having a strong, informed Union here at Council. Joining is easy at www.theservicesunion.com.au.