TSU REPORT BACK – MONTHLY IRCG – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
The Services Union is always by your side!
Part of our commitment to you is via strong representation through our participation in the monthly Industrial Relations Consultation Group (“IRCG”).
The IRCG is the peak Industrial Relations Forum where restructures and other issues are discussed and is attended by union officials and Senior Workplace Delegates.
At the most recent meeting held on Tuesday, 20 July 2021 our Union was provided with updates in relation to a number of workplace matters which affect employees at Energy Queensland Limited (EQL).
Following consultation with our Union and affected employees, EQL have made a final decision in relation to the following proposed restructures-
- Digital – Cyber Security and Enterprise & Information Platform Services. After a further loop back with employees, this proposal will become operational once the necessary recruitment is finalised.
- Operations – Remote Embedded Generation.
- Services – A restructure is occurring in Property. The discussion at IRCG involved a report back on feedback received to date. The consultation period has been extended out for this restructure until Tuesday 3 August 2021.
If you are impacted by the implementation of these restructures and do not believe your concerns have been addressed, please contact your Workplace Delegate or our Union at Services Connect on 3844 5300.
- Our Union, along with the other industry unions, have identified significant concerns in relation to the implementation of a new payroll system and the lack of engagement with Workplace Delegates and employees who actually use these platforms. We made it extremely clear to EQL that the current process they are utilising to keep employees updated is totally inadequate. Subsequently, EQL has committed to undertake further meetings with nominated Workplace Delegates for a ‘deeper dive’ on a number of issues including the payroll system. In addition, representatives of the Unions will attend a quarterly DEBBs meeting with EQL to obtain a higher-level briefing.
Workplace Behaviours at EQL
- EQL provided an update about workplace culture and our Union has committed to working with your employer to deliver positive cultural change. Watch this space for more information.
EQL’s Application for an Early Retirement Scheme
- EQL has applied to the Australian Tax Office (ATO) for a Voluntary Early Retirement Scheme. They have had an initial response from the ATO which did not give the business the green light for every part of its proposal. EQL is continuing internal discussions and will provide a whole of business update as soon as possible.
Management Assistant’s Dispute
- EQL have indicated that a formal response will be sent to resolve the outstanding Management Assistants restructure dispute. Once we obtain this response, we will update affected members.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above information, please speak to one of your Senior Workplace Delegates or contact Services Connect on 3844 5300.
If you have a colleague who is not a member of the Union, send them the following link and ask them to join: https://www.theservicesunion.com.au/member-information/join/