30 Way – Mental Health In The Workplace
The Services Union is continuing with its 27 Ways and Growing Campaign with the launch of its 30th Way – Mental Health In The Workplace.
Why is this issue so important?
- Australian employees expect mental health support in the workplace environment, but many are not aware of, or are unable to access appropriate resources;
- Three quarters (75%) of Australian employees believe workplaces should provide support to someone who is experiencing depression or anxiety;
- When mental health is valued, and appropriate resources are available in the workplace, there are real benefits to business;
- In workplaces that employees consider mentally healthy, self-reported absenteeism as a result of experiencing mental ill-health almost halves (13%); and
- Australian businesses lose $10.9 billion each year to mental illness in the workplace.
Our Union strives on a daily basis to ensure that our members have the 9 attributes needed for a healthy workplace – and this is part of the campaign’s aim.
More updates coming soon.